Is EMR – a phobia to deal with??
EMR as in, Electronic Medical Records – Does the term ‘electronic’ give you an uncomfortable feeling – do you experience fear to use EMR? Let’s look at the real picture:
- Would you like to reduce the number of ‘No Show’ and reduce ‘wait times’ for appointments?
- Would you like to have easy access to your Clinic records from anywhere at anytime?
- Does your increasing paper work ever bother you? Well, it is high time you got rid of folder maintenance in your office?
- Wouldn’t it be nice if a system is able to measure quality of your Clinic without much effort at your end? How can one measure, you ask?? Well, with the use of EMR application a physician was able to analyze and understand that 89% of diabetics in his practice have had an eye exam in the past two years; and 91% have had a foot exam in the past year; got the exact figure of encounters he had (3709 encounters) for a year; how many visits are expected for a patient in each age group, for a family physician on capitation or fee for service. In short, figures do matter – they give you the power to assimilate information.
- With too many busy schedule and tasks at hand wouldn’t it be awesome if you get periodic reminders and alerts of any overdue services? Be able to confirm the insurance eligibility of the patient, in minutes? Likewise be able to send prescription electronically within seconds? Prescribing drugs electronically saves your time spent communicating with Laboratories and Pharmacies.
- A system that would do all your calculations automatically, deal with the clearing houses, have a process of sending claims to Primary Insurance and then to Secondary Insurance of the patient or else charge the responsible person – in short, Reduce the number of Claim rejections.
And many more………
- An efficient EMR can manage all kind and types of documents, be it a patient’s record. They are safe in the system and help your staff streamline their tasks.
- Advanced technology helps you to gain smooth access when on the move to your clinical records via mobile phone; stay connected with your patients via emails.
- Choosing a reliable EMR ensures secure electronic transactions of electronic data such as Patient records details (to be used by a referral doctor for example); electronic ordering and receiving of Lab and Radiology orders and results.
- An EMR that doubles up as a Billing tool as well would be a boon and put you at ease as it would then take care of all your claims that you need to submit and get cashed.
- An efficient EMR would allow you to send electronic Claim submission – saving on time and manual energy. It would also partner with you to help you achieve the required meaningful use criteria.
In NO mean, EMR is to replace the people rather its purely to assist the healthcare community by Keeping things Simple AND Safe ……..
Here’s a healthy suggestion, be a part of the progressive majority who are shifting their stance and implementing an Electronic Medical Record in their practice. Choose EMR over paperwork and cut administrative time to devote more hours back to actual patient care.